Life hasn’t afforded me the time for a blog post in a while. Here’s what’s going on:
- I’ve been very immersed in my new job, I am working on some awesome things I can’t talk about now because of trade secrets etc, but billing and payments in online insurance are about to get much much better.
- My long term, live in girlfriend of four years and I broke up. This stuff is always hard, but new beginnings are nice too.
- I moved from the West Side of Cleveland to Cleveland Heights (the East Side.) I miss the West Side but am loving exploring this part of town and being close to the Grog Shop and the Beachland. Incidentally I’m only 5 minutes from the Apple Store now. I’m also really excited to have a dedicated office space.
- I’ve been doing a lot of freelance. I finished teaching my class, but I’ll be teaching another for Fall semester.
- I started seeing someone else who is amazing (and also a talented baker) and I’m sure I will gush about her to the point your RSS feed will make you puke and you’ll unsubscribe.
I’ve also been putting some serious time and (ugh) money into decorating the new place. I bought a new couch and loveseat, I’m still waiting for the couch to be delivered. I’m getting a new dining room table. I’ve done a ton of painting (with lots of help.) I am replacing all my bedding and towels. I am going to put up all new window treatments. Someone should bar me from Crate & Barrel. I’ve also been going crazy with the Martha Stewart collection at Macy’s, and ended up with Martha Stewart paint. The dining room color is called Mint Gelato. The list goes on and on, so I’ve made two photo sets on Flickr, a before and an in progress. Here’s a few highlights:
I also want to mention Room Service, a fabulous shop where I bought my throw pillows on Detroit in the Gordon Square Arts District. They were pretty reasonable and have a lot of pieces by local designers and artists.